Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miracles do happen!!

Hi Everyone!!

Well, for those of you who are following Faith's weaning, here is the next step! Good news... we got the results of her MRI back... she has "a lot of viable adrenal tissue!"  This in itself is a miracle, as several years ago we were told that her glands were completely calcified and would NEVER, EVER work again, so I shouldn't get my hopes up! HA!! The power of prayer is amazing!  We do not know how much of it is working and won't know until we begin weaning her and seeing how she responds.  When I spoke to her new local doctor, she told me she really thinks that the weaning is going to work.  We are only weaning from cortisol to start. IF that goes well then we will try to take her off florinef.  All in all the doctor thinks it will only take about a year or so... that seems like a short time to me, but she is only on 10 mgs right now, so maybe that is a reasonable time frame.  I pray that both the inner and outer portions of her adrenals regenerate and begin functioning so that we can take her off the florinef also.  But if not, even if the cortisol weaning is the only part that works, that will be fine with me!

Stay tuned for the next episode!! Next week the rest of her bloodwork comes back and once the doctor checks her ACTH levels, she will set us up on a weaning schedule!!

Thanks for tuning in!!
Joy and Faith

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!!! We ARE fearfully & wonderfully made.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NvC4uyNcI
    I will continue to hold Faith up in prayer before our Lord as she continues to be healed.
    I am so happy for you both.
    keep us posted.
    Dannielle

    ReplyDelete